directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] set admin password
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 20:09:30 GMT
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:31 AM, William Dauphin <wddauphin@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well I am writing an installation package that installs many parts (jre, Apache Server,
ApacheDS, Tomcat, web application...) and am attempting to require as few installer UI's and
other tools (Studio) from showing up on top of my installer.  That is why I am trying to
get a command line tool to work.

interesting, btw, writing such a tool using client-api is very simple,
just take a look at
the tests present in ldap-client-test module.
feel free to ping us if you need any help

Kiran Ayyagari

> Thanks,
> Doug
>
>> Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 01:12:47 +0530
>> Subject: Re: [ApacheDS] set admin password
>> From: kayyagari@apache.org
>> To: users@directory.apache.org
>>
>> hi William,
>>
>> sadly the tools project was not updated in a long time as we decided to
>> focus on more important issues.
>>
>> Did you try studio to import data?
>>
>> Kiran Ayyagari
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 1:08 AM, William Dauphin <wddauphin@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I am not sure if this is the right place for this question or not:
>> >
>> > So I am trying to use the apacheds-tools to change the admin password via the
command line by doing:

>> > java -jar apacheds-tools.jar import -f ..\..\modify_attribute.ldif -w secret
--e

>> > with the following ldif file contents:
>> >
>> > dn: uid=admin,ou=system
>> > changetype: modify
>> > replace: userPassword
>> > userPassword: testing
>> >
>> > But get the following excpetion:
>> >
>> > log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.bind.SimpleAuthentication).
>> > log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>> > Exception in thread "main" org.apache.directory.shared.asn1.codec.EncoderException:
The PDU buffer size is too small !