directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [Site] Basic User's Guide Progress - Missing sections
Date Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:07:02 GMT
Hi Cem!

Cem Kavuklu wrote:
> First, I must say I am very new to ApacheDS (and LDAP for that matter) and hence I was
browsing through the Basic User's Guide to start myself off with some information and quickly
realized some portions are missing at the moment (including the whole chapter on data handling).

An older version of this chapter is available here:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/2-handling-of-data-within-your-directory.html

> Although information on LDAP can be obtained fairly easily, it would be really great
to see the documentation on this beautiful project get completed.

> P.S.  I did a quick search on this matter via Google and the mail archives but had no
luck finding any kind of recent activity on this matter.

We have started to move the documentation from Wiki to svn (docbook).
Addition of the missing chapters is planned (in fact, I have started to
work on converting some older missing content to docbook today).

Thanks for your encouragement!
Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ