directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS documentation
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:19:51 GMT
  On 8/12/10 1:57 PM, Damon Goodyear wrote:
> Hi,
>

> You said you'd welcome feedback....

Always ! (well, if it's a negative feedback, of course, we send the user
address to some serial killers we know... ;)

> It would be really handy, for people like me with a slow Internet connection, or who
occasionally break it :-(, to have the ApacheDS documentation available as a PDF to download.
 I realise the product and the docs change all the time but there are presumably break points
at which the product and docs can be regarded as reasonably in correspondence with each other...?
We started to migrated the doc generation to use DocBook, instead of the
wiki. The idea is to have a XML based codumentation, then to generate
teh web site *and* a pdf from it. Thus even if the documentation change,
the pdf will remain up to date !

The effort has started 2 weeks ago.Damon Goodyear
> PS Really looking forward to find out about ADS and whether it is suited to my project.
If you tell us a bit more about your project, we may drive you through ADS.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,