directory-users mailing list archives

From Kurt Guenther <kurt.guent...@datacert.com>
Subject Problems starting ApacheDS
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:55:09 GMT
OS:  Windows Server 2003

Installer:  apacheds-1.5.5-setup.exe

$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_20"

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 16.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

I've re-installed a few times, so this is a clean install image with no
modifications.

I'm having problems getting Apache DS to start.   As a service, I just
get a terse:  "Error 1067:  The process terminated unexpectedly."
Where can I get better output?

I've tried running it command-line (below)  to get some better
information, but it just errors out.   However, I can't seem to get this
to work on a win7 box that has a working service either, so any input on
the command-line would be helpful.

--Kurt

>From command-line:

D:\ApacheDS\bin>apacheds ..\conf\apacheds.conf

wrapper  | --> Wrapper Started as Console

Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename,
directory name,

or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)

wrapper  | Launching a JVM...

jvm 1    | Wrapper (Version 3.2.3) http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org

Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename,
directory name,

or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)

jvm 1    |   Copyright 1999-2006 Tanuki Software, Inc.  All Rights
Reserved.

jvm 1    |

jvm 1    | [14:34:17] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] -
Install

ation verification failure!

jvm 1    | java.lang.IllegalStateException: D:\ApacheDS"
org.apache.directory.se

rver.Service d:\ApacheDS\instances\default\conf\server.xml does not
exist!

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.InstallationLayout.verifyInstalla

tion(InstallationLayout.java:293)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.setInstallationLayou

t(Bootstrapper.java:87)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper.start(TanukiBo

otstrapper.java:52)

jvm 1    |      at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManag

er.java:2788)

jvm 1    | [14:34:17] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] -
Failed

while loading: D:\ApacheDS" org.apache.directory.server.Service
d:\ApacheDS\inst

ances\default\conf\server.xml\conf\apacheds.conf

jvm 1    | java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\ApacheDS"
org.apache.directory.serv

er.Service
d:\ApacheDS\instances\default\conf\server.xml\conf\apacheds.conf (The

 filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)

jvm 1    |      at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)

jvm 1    |      at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.setInstallationLayou

t(Bootstrapper.java:97)

jvm 1    |      at
org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper.start(TanukiBo

otstrapper.java:52)

jvm 1    |      at
org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManag

er.java:2788)

wrapper  | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Unable to get the current logfile size with stat: The filename,
directory name,

or volume label syntax is incorrect. (0x7b)

Seems confused because 'd:\ApacheDS\instances\default\conf\server.xml'
definitely exists.   Any ideas?