directory-users mailing list archives

From "Benjamin, Roy" <>
Subject RE: Embedded ApacheDS examples not working
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 01:11:38 GMT
:-)    hard to believe, but version 2.1 of the missing plugin is also missing from
       the repository?

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin, Roy []
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:58 PM
Subject: RE: Embedded ApacheDS examples not working

Thanks for the help.
There are a zillion maven repos out there, I've been trying the one's whose
names I could remember.

Adding has helped

I now get (below), so I'll work on this issue next.

[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:maven-plugin:2.1'
in repository central (
[INFO] A required plugin was not found: Plugin could not be found - check that the goal name
is correct: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.plugins -DartifactId=maven-site-plugin
-Dversion=2.1 -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file

Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
    mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.plugins -DartifactId=maven-site-plugin
-Dversion=2.1 -Dpackaging=maven-plugin -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

from the specified remote repositories:
  ebox.common.plugins (,
  central (,
  ebox.releases.plugins (,