directory-users mailing list archives

From "Benjamin, Roy" <>
Subject Embedded ApacheDS examples not working
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:51:55 GMT

I have ApacheDS 1.5.7 installed.  I also have sources.

I've found two similar examples on the ApacheDS site for running the server embedded
in a servlet.  I can't get either one to work...

One example is at:

I've been unable to build the example.  The first problem was that it uses
which is not a public class.  So I changed the StartStopListener package to,
one compile problem solved.

The example also uses:
I cannot find these classes anywhere, in 1.5.7  they seem to be a part of 1.5.6 only.  BUT
I cannot build 1.5.6 (which would load the jars to my local repository) because the project
parent pom no longer exists, seems not to be in svn, or in some maven repo somewhere..

btw.  The parent pom for the apacheds-archetype-webapp also does not seem to exist...  ahg...

Another example is at:

I've been able to build this example, however it cannot be started in Tomcat.   The example
and Tomcat 5.5.29 explodes with exceptions trying to use this class.

I can send stack traces etc... but first am I using the correct list?

Should these examples work?  What release of ApacheDS ?   How to build ?