directory-users mailing list archives

From William Dauphin <wddaup...@hotmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] set admin password
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:24:18 GMT

I am new to ApacheDS.  I want to set the admin password from the default “secret” and
hoped I could configure this. I can only find information on doing this from a UI (Apache
Directory Studio, JXplorer..) which I don’t want to do because I want to do it behind the
scenes in an install package.  I have seen references to setting it in a server.xml but can’t
seem to find any clear examples or format.  My questions are:

1)      Can I set it in the server.xml and if so how?  The only server.xml file I see is at
Apache Directory Server\instances\default\conf
2)      I don’t want to store it in clear text.  If I can store it in the server.xml or
similar can it be encrypted?

Thanks,
Doug