directory-users mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <...@katasoft.com>
Subject First time Apache Directory user - can't see custom partition?
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:15:49 GMT
Hi all,

I just installed Apache Directory Studio 1.5.7, and created a new
Apache Directory Server instance.  Before starting the server
instance, I edited it's configuration in the Studio UI and added a
custom partition (dc=test,dc=com).

I started the server, created a connection, and opened the DIT in the
LDAP Browser panel on the left side of ADS.  This is what I see:

DIT
----Root DSE (3)
--------ou=schema (19)
--------ou=system(5)

However, my view does not match the documentation here:

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/143-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html

The documentation shows a globe icon next to the dc=example,dc=com
partition.  But in my fresh install, I don't see that icon for the
'example' partition or my new 'test' partition.

Why aren't the example and test partitions displaying like shown in
the documentation?  Did I do something wrong?

--
Les Hazlewood
CTO, Katasoft, Inc.