directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Gargiulo <rastr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Warning while loading ACI (Apache DS 1.5.7)
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 08:42:59 GMT
Thank you.

So i will keep working with ApacheDS hoping for a fix.

For now i can keep ACI turned off.

I work at GARR, the italian NREN, and i'm preparing a virtual machine to be
distribuited in italian universities and research institutions to help their
system managers to easly deploy an IdP for our SSO federation: it's a
machine with a manageable and secured LDAP server with upon a SAML2 Identity
Provider (Shibboleth2), i already preached for Apache Directory Studio
diffusion that was unknow to them, and much of them now appreciate it a lot
(they was still at stone age with php-ldap-admin, slapadd, ldif manual edit
and openldap all ACLs in a text file (openldap ACL works well but cause the
hostile syntax and the need of reboot the slapd daemon (with risk of
corrupting data on slapd.conf syntax error) just 1% of sysadmins uses them
to cover every sensible attribute)

Much of them are now using Apache Directory Studio to manage openldap ( most
diffused open source LDAP server in the Italian accademic environment), now
i'm going to diffuse also the awesome Apache Directory Server (that due to
his kerberos support is  also useful to integrate with legacy SSO system of
some italian research institutions like INFN.

Now, ApacheDS is my religion, i'm sure it will matter.
thank you for innovate! :D

Good work,
Stefano.