directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedded ApacheDS examples not working
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:55:46 GMT
hi Roy,

     I have updated the webapp archetype to the latest version (1.5.8-SNAPSHOT).
     There was a bug which affects the way schema loader extracts the
schema in a container
     environment (this was fixed after releasing 1.5.7 hence I used
the latest version)

    Please follow the below instructions to build the sample web app
    (note: many steps are identical to those present on the webpage[1] )

    1. either do a complete checkout and build or just run 'svn up' if
you have already checked it out

     svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/samples/trunk/apacheds-archetype-webapp
     cd apacheds-archetype-webapp
     mvn install

    2. mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.directory.samples \
                       -DarchetypeArtifactId=apacheds-archetype-webapp \
                       -DarchetypeVersion=1.5.8-SNAPSHOT \
                       -DgroupId=org.apache.directory.samples.embed.webapp \
                       -DartifactId=ApacheDS -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

       (note: only the archetype's version was changed, remaining all are same)

    3. running

       jetty:

        mvn  jetty:run
-Dschema.resource.location=<complete-path-to>/pacheds-all-1.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar

      tomcat:

         a. copy the app folder from ApacheDS/target to the webapps folder

         b. set/export
JAVA_OPTS="-Dschema.resource.location=<complete-path-to>/pacheds-all-1.5.8-SNAPSHOT.jar"

         c. start the tomcat

HTH

Kiran Ayyagari

[1] http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/43-embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Benjamin, Roy <rbenjamin@ebay.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have ApacheDS 1.5.7 installed.  I also have sources.
>
> I've found two similar examples on the ApacheDS site for running the server embedded
> in a servlet.  I can't get either one to work...
>
> ---
> One example is at: http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/43-embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
>
> I've been unable to build the example.  The first problem was that it uses org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService
> which is not a public class.  So I changed the StartStopListener package to org.apache.directory.server.core,
> one compile problem solved.
>
> The example also uses:
>    org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapServer
>    org.apache.directory.server.protocol.shared.transport.TcpTransport
> I cannot find these classes anywhere, in 1.5.7  they seem to be a part of 1.5.6 only.
 BUT
> I cannot build 1.5.6 (which would load the jars to my local repository) because the project
> parent pom no longer exists, seems not to be in svn, or in some maven repo somewhere..
>

> btw.  The parent pom for the apacheds-archetype-webapp also does not seem to exist...
 ahg...

> ---
> Another example is at: https://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx10/embedding-apacheds-as-a-web-application.html
>
> I've been able to build this example, however it cannot be started in Tomcat.   The
example uses javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext