directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First time Apache Directory user - can't see custom partition?
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 21:28:36 GMT
  On 7/20/10 11:15 PM, Les Hazlewood wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi, Les,
> I just installed Apache Directory Studio 1.5.7, and created a new
> Apache Directory Server instance.  Before starting the server
> instance, I edited it's configuration in the Studio UI and added a
> custom partition (dc=test,dc=com).
>
> I started the server, created a connection, and opened the DIT in the
> LDAP Browser panel on the left side of ADS.  This is what I see:

yes, the context entry is not anymore created automatically. You have to
add it by hand. This is easy to do in studio, by right-clicking on the
root and select 'add context entry', then create an entry using the
domain OC and the required Attributes.

> DIT
> ----Root DSE (3)
> --------ou=schema (19)
> --------ou=system(5)
>
> However, my view does not match the documentation here:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/143-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html
>
> The documentation shows a globe icon next to the dc=example,dc=com
> partition.  But in my fresh install, I don't see that icon for the
> 'example' partition or my new 'test' partition.
>
> Why aren't the example and test partitions displaying like shown in
> the documentation?  Did I do something wrong?
No, the doco is out of date :/

--
Regards,
Cordialement,