directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Example partition missing
Date Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:41:37 GMT
  On 7/17/10 5:36 PM, Martin Vavra wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I just installed the DS and the Studio but I can't see the example
> partition.

The dc=example,dc=org context entry is not created by default. You have
to define it.

If you follow the doco on
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/143-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html

you'll see how to do that (follow the creation of the o=seavenseas
context entry partition, as the doco is not on line with what the server
does for the example partition).

One short explanation : in the previous versions, the context entry was
created automatically, but we removed this features, probably a wrong
move. At least, the doco should reflect this move. We have a pending
issue about it, btw. (DIRSERVER-1322)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,