directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apacheds Error 80
Date Mon, 05 Jul 2010 21:06:16 GMT
  On 7/5/10 3:11 PM, Mauricio Streisky wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,
> I'm trying to use apacheds as embedded in out java application. I need
> to check if apacheds can handle a lot of entries in the database and
> check the performance for this.
It can. We have tested it with 5 millions entries two years ago. Now,
when it comes to performance, it's depends on what you expect.
> I have also installed a stand-alone version to compare. After import
> 100K entries using a LDIF file and a standard schema under ou=MySchema
> I have no problems to read this entries with the stand alone server
> but with the embedded version I receive a Error 80 (Other).
Well, many possible mis-configuration can cause such an error. Here, it
would be better if we can check the code you use to create the server.
(Please keep in mind that this ML will likely discard attachment, so
feel free to create a JIRA)

> Have someone this already tested?

All the unit tests are simple java tests embedding the server. It works.
>   I using the apacheds 1.5.5.

You should consider using 1.5.7.
> Should I configure something for the embedded code to handle huge
> databases?

Most certainly the memory and the cache size. Also the index.

> I have to get 2 Mio entries with good performance

Define 'good performance'...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,