directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Service won't starts on Windows Server 2k3
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:30:51 GMT
Hi,

Can you provide any logs ?
They should be located under 'C:\Program Files\Apache Directory Server\instances\default\log'
on Windows if you've used the default installation path.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 16 juin 2010, at 19:15, Fabiano Louzada wrote:

> I have a Apache DS instaled in a computer with Windows Server 2k3. It was working until
yesterday, when I tried to add a new entry. I was getting the following message:

> #!RESULT ERROR
> #!CONNECTION ldap://ipajm-06:10389
> #!DATE 2010-06-15T15:21:30.578
> #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 68 - ENTRY_ALREADY_EXISTS: failed for     Add Request : ClientEntry
    dn: 2.5.4.3=fulano de tal,2.5.4.11=people,2.5.4.10=ipajm     objectclass: top     objectclass:
person     objectclass: organizationalPerson     objectclass: inetOrgPerson     sn: de tal
    ou: SCO     cn: Fulano de Tal     telephonenumber: 12345678     title: Auxiliar Técnico
Previdenciário     givenname: fulano     mail: fulano@tal.com.br : cn=Fulano de Tal,ou=people,o=ipajm
already exists!]

> However, this entry wasn't duplicated because I'd just deleted it. So, I openned the
"services.msc" console and restared the service apacheds-default, but the service didn't restart,
with the following message:

> "Could not start the Apache Directory Server - default service on local computer.
> Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."
>
> Since that, I can't start the service anymore. I had the version 1.5.4 of apacheds and
then I updated to version 1.5.7, but the problem persists.
> I suspect this is a problem with an installed Windows Update but the last installed update
was on 17/04/2010, and apache was working until yesterday.