directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache DS Server Authorization
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2010 22:24:17 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM, Webmaster Foo <tom@endfertig.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i try to set up Apache DS Server with authorization. like in the doku
>
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/32-basic-authorization.html
>
> The documentation says that I have to enable the "ACI subsystem", but after
> enabling the Access control features all other accounts than the admin
> account can't see any entrys in the LDAP tree. Are there any changes
> regarding the authorization handling?

Not sure what exactly is your problem. Activating the ACI subsystem is just
a part of the task : you also have to design the access on your data using
prescriptiveACI or entryACI.

The est would be to read the X500 chapter 8 where all this is explained :
http://sec.cs.kent.ac.uk/x500book/Chapter.8/Chapter8a.htm

--
Regards,
Cordialement,