directory-users mailing list archives

From Sudheer Kumar <sudheerarim...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it safe to replace master.db file?
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:43:43 GMT
Hi,

I am using ApacheDs 1.5.4, after running successfully for a long time, now
getting the following error:

        at org.apache.directory.server.core.entry.ClonedServerEntry.<init>
        (ClonedServerEntry.java:67)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.jdbm.JdbmPartition.lookup
(JdbmPartition.java:457)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.ServerEntryCursorAdaptor.get
(ServerEntryCursorAdaptor.java:140)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.impl.btree.ServerEntryCursorAdaptor.get
(ServerEntryCursorAdaptor.java:40)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.filtering.BaseEntryFilteringCursor.next
(BaseEntryFilteringCursor.java:502)
        at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.GroupCache.initialize
        (GroupCache.java:151)
        at org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.GroupCache.<init>
        (GroupCache.java:115)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.authz.AciAuthorizationInterceptor.init
(AciAuthorizationInterceptor.java:211)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0
(InterceptorChain.java:439)
        at

org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register
(InterceptorChain.java:395)
        at
        org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init
        (InterceptorChain.java:255)
        at
        org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize
        (DefaultDirectoryService.java:1385)
        at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup
        (DefaultDirectoryService.java:840)
        at org.apache.directory.server.configuration.ApacheDS.startup
        (ApacheDS.java:126)
        at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:86)
        at org.apache.directory.server.UberjarMain.main
        (UberjarMain.java:56)

what I found is that, the master.db file (in <partition>/system)got
corrupted somehow and which is causing this error and not able to start the
server.  So I just replaced the master.db from a fresh installation and it
worked.  So my question is, is it okay to replace the master.db file as a
workaround?  will it cause any data loss? What does it contain?  Please
explain.

--
Sudheer Kumar Arimbra