directory-users mailing list archives

From Je suis la poubelle <laps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for web site: stating out requirement for running Apache DS
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:35:40 GMT
     If it's possible to launch AD server without its being an NT
service, I think we could know how much memory Tanuki is using.

     On the other hand, I use srvany.exe to create a service:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890

    This wrapper is very light.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 16:49, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Indeed.
> That's interesting.
>
> What a strange OS....
>
> Definitely something that should be investigated.
>
> We've run a little test with Emmanuel and it seems the cause of this overhead in memory
consumption is the daemon wrapper we're using (Tanuki).
requires 67 MB of memory (http://drp.ly/1dCj92).