directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Suggestion for web site: stating out requirement for running Apache DS
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 15:57:51 GMT
On 18 juin 2010, at 17:35, Je suis la poubelle wrote:

>     If it's possible to launch AD server without its being an NT
> service, I think we could know how much memory Tanuki is using.

Supposedly, 400 - 67 = 333 MB, as Apache DS run with no wrapper only requires 67 MB, as I
said in my previous mail.
But, that seems really really weird...

>     On the other hand, I use srvany.exe to create a service:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/137890
>
>    This wrapper is very light.

Interesting. Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately it requires an additional installation of the "Resource Kit".
But, probably something we could use on Windows if we want to replace Tanuki.

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud