directory-users mailing list archives

From Francois <fan...@gmail.com>
Subject Syncrepl standalone Java client api ?
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 21:58:59 GMT
Hello guys,

I just saw that replication in ApacheDS will be implemented with
Syncrepl protocol (yep, I missed that much things ;)

I think that this is great, it's cool to see some interoperability
finally happen in open source's LDAP world.

I just skimmed through the code, and it seems to be heavy coupled with
ApacheDS server (I'm not much familiar with ApacheDS code, but that
"session = directoryService.getAdminSession()" in SyncReplConsumer lets
me think so).

An yet, I would love to see a Java client API for syncrepl (and I
believe that other guys would like it, to :).

Is these something to hope for ? Or what would be the steps to reuse the
ApacheDS code in order to build an client independent from ApacheDS server ?

Thanks for your answer, and kudos for the hard work !

--
Francois ARMAND
http://fanf42.blogspot.com