directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefano Gargiulo <rastr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Triggers
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:09:43 GMT
Thank you for the interesting paper,

But i still can't understand how to pratically define a trigger....

e.g after putting

"AFTER Delete
CALL "com.example.ldap.util.sp.BackupTools:backupDeletedUserEntry"
( $deletedEntry );"

where do i need put the compiled "com.example.ldap.util.sp.BackupTools"
java class?

i understood (maybe) that i need to put the bytecode of the compiled
class somewhere in an LDAP enty, in a byte attribute... but where in the
tree?  is there a particular apacheds system subtree where i can put
this kind of entries? is there some hello world example with source
class and final LDIF?

Best Regards,
Stefano.

Il 24/06/2010 00:15, Emmanuel Lecharny ha scritto:
> On 6/23/10 3:41 PM, Stefano Gargiulo wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to implement a trigger to check the uniqueness of an attribute
>> (e.g. uid, mail) under a subtree, is it possible?
> I guess so.
>>
>> Where can i find some examples to do things of this kind?
> The best would be to read Erisn's paper on
> http://directory.apache.org/community%26resources/ldap-stored-procedures-and-triggers-in-apacheds.html

> Otherwise, there are some tests in the core-integ module :
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/apacheds/trunk/core-integ/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/core/trigger/

>> Do i need eclipse to compile the triggers or i can use netbeans?
> It's Java, you can even use vi + javac :)

Fine, but i can't understand