directory-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Syrotiuk <syrot...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: ApacheDS: Install on Solaris
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:54:40 GMT
Hello,

No, nothing is running on these ports.  And there is no process on the
machine associated with apacheds.

Output from: $ ./apacheds-default status
Apache Directory Server - default is not running.

------------------------

The machine has several other services running on it, with various IP
addresses.

I want the ApacheDS service to run using IP address 130.88.26.153
however I have changed none of the default settings for now.  What
happens when ApacheDS is first installed?  I mean, what address/port
will it try to use?

Regards, Nick

Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Actually these should be "false errors" and the server should actually be running fine.
> These error logs have been fixed in the current trunk if I recall correctly.
>
> Can you verify if the server is running on both ports ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 22 juin 2010, at 10:41, Nicholas Syrotiuk wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> We are trying to install ApacheDS 1.5.7 on:
>> SunOS shibora 5.10 Generic_142900-11 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5440
>>
>> Our Java version is:
>> java version "1.5.0_22"
>> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_22-b03)
>> Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_22-b03, mixed mode)
>>
>> The JAVA_HOME variable is set to /usr/java/jre .
>>
>> We have put the ApacheDS files in:
>> /shibidp/ldap/
>>
>> We would like to run the server using an account called "shibidp" and have modified
the start up script accordingly.

>> However, when we start the server, the apacheds-rolling.log contains:
>>
>> [15:58:27] ERROR [org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.entry.DefaultServerAttribute]
- ERR_04450 The value {0} is incorrect, it hasnt been added
>> [15:58:27] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.Service] - Cannot start the server
: reuseAddress can't be set while the acceptor is bound.

--
N Syrotiuk | Mimas | University of Manchester | Manchester  M13 9PL