directory-users mailing list archives

From Fabiano Louzada <fabi...@ipajm.es.gov.br>
Subject [ApacheDS] Service won't starts on Windows Server 2k3
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:15:14 GMT
I have a Apache DS instaled in a computer with Windows Server 2k3. It
was working until yesterday, when I tried to add a new entry. I was
getting the following message:

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://ipajm-06:10389
#!DATE 2010-06-15T15:21:30.578
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 68 - ENTRY_ALREADY_EXISTS: failed for     Add
Request : ClientEntry     dn: 2.5.4.3=fulano de
tal,2.5.4.11=people,2.5.4.10=ipajm     objectclass: top     objectclass:
person     objectclass: organizationalPerson     objectclass:
inetOrgPerson     sn: de tal     ou: SCO     cn: Fulano de Tal
telephonenumber: 12345678     title: Auxiliar Técnico Previdenciário
givenname: fulano     mail: fulano@tal.com.br : cn=Fulano de
Tal,ou=people,o=ipajm already exists!]

However, this entry wasn't duplicated because I'd just deleted it. So, I
openned the "services.msc" console and restared the service
apacheds-default, but the service didn't restart, with the following
message:

"Could not start the Apache Directory Server - default service on local
computer.
Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly."

Since that, I can't start the service anymore. I had the version 1.5.4
of apacheds and then I updated to version 1.5.7, but the problem persists.
I suspect this is a problem with an installed Windows Update but the
last installed update was on 17/04/2010, and apache was working until
yesterday.

Do you have any idea about this problem?

Tks,
Fabiano Louzada.