directory-users mailing list archives

From Snake <anacond...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] "Pre-authentication information was invalid " error
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 02:04:28 GMT
Greetings

I've set up ApacheDS in a remote machine, and activated its Kerberos
service. I'm trying to test it using the client/server "hello world"
made by java monkey, available in this link:
http://thejavamonkey.blogspot.com/2008/04/clientserver-hello-world-in-kerberos.html

I was managing to get it to work in my local machine - both the kdc and
the demo were running in my computer. But when I installed ApacheDS in a
remote host, with the same server.xml file, the demo didn't work
anymore. I started getting this "Pre-authentication information was
invalid " error. To make sure the problem was due to the demo and the
kdc being in diferente machines, I installed the demo in the remote
machine where I also installed the kdc, I run it there, and it got back
to work properly. It seems that both the demo and kdc need to be in the
same machine.

I assume that if I get to disable the pre-authentication I can get past
this issue. I consulted the online documentation, and I assume that I
need to put something like this in the server.xml file:

    <bean id="kdcConfiguration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.kdc.KdcConfiguration">

        <property name="paEncTimestampRequired" value="false" />
    </bean>

The problem is, I don't know where this should be inside the file. Could
anyone give me a hint about where to put this configuration, or how to
resolve this issue in another way? I really need to get this thing to
work :\

Thanks in advance.