directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS]: New entry won't show up in DIT, but exists
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:14:22 GMT
Hi Jeff,

what LDAP server are you using? Is it an Apache Directory Server or
another one (maybe a Sun server because you are using the cn=Directory
Manager account)? Which version of the server?

Can you please play with the search scope? For the CLI client this is
the -s parameter with options base, one, and sub.

Background: when you browse the DIT using Apache Directory Studio a
search with scope "one" is sent to the server. On the other side the
default scope of ldapsearch and the search dialog in Studio is "sub".

Kind Regards,
Stefan