directory-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Blaine <jbla...@mitre.org>
Subject [ApacheDS]: New entry won't show up in DIT, but exists
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:34:38 GMT
I'm using ldapadd to add something.  It works fine.  I can
then query the server with ldapsearch fine to retrieve the
information.

However, the information will not appear (except via a search)
when using Apache Directory Studio 1.5.3 (or 1.5.2 for that
matter).  That is, if I traverse the tree as follows, it does
not show up alphabetically like the other entries:

     dc=rcf,dc=our,dc=org
             ou=nis
                 ou=People

I have reloaded various relevant portions of the DIT to no
avail.  I have closed my connection and opened it again to
no avail.  I have restarted ApacheDS to no avail.

Any ideas?  Please see below for the explicit details:

==== Adding the info ===============================================
/usr/bin/ldapadd -a -v -h ldap -D "cn=Directory Manager" -f
RCF-USER-TEMPLATE.ldif
Bind Password:
add objectClass:
         top
         shadowAccount
         posixAccount
         account
add cn:
         Firstname Lastname
add gidNumber:
         999999999
add homeDirectory:
         /afs/rcf/user/username
add uid:
         username
add uidNumber:
         999999999
add description:
         This is a template for an RCF UNIX user account.  Copy this to
a new entry and modify it thoroughly to reflect the desired new user.
add gecos:
         Firstname
Lastname,room,extension,deptcode,mailstop,acct-creator-username
add loginShell:
         /usr/rcf/bin/some-shell
adding new entry uid=username,ou=People,ou=nis,dc=rcf,dc=our,dc=org
modify complete

==== Querying the info =============================================
/usr/bin/ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager" -b
"ou=People,ou=nis,dc=rcf,dc=our,dc=org" -h ldap uid=username
Bind Password:
uid=username,ou=People,ou=nis,dc=rcf,dc=our,dc=org
homeDirectory=/afs/rcf/user/username
gidNumber=999999999
objectClass=top
objectClass=shadowAccount
objectClass=posixAccount
objectClass=account
gecos=Firstname
Lastname,room,extension,deptcode,mailstop,acct-creator-username
loginShell=/usr/rcf/bin/some-shell
description=This is a template for an RCF UNIX user account.  Copy this
to a new entry and modify it thoroughly to reflect the desired new user.
cn=Firstname Lastname
uid=username
uidNumber=999999999

==== ApacheDS "Search" that finds the entry ==========================
Search Base:  ou=People,ou=nis,dc=rcf,dc=our,dc=org
Filter:       (uid=username)