directory-users mailing list archives

From Rob Moser <Rob.Mo...@nau.edu>
Subject Eclipse recovery after botched Directory Studio install?
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:09:13 GMT
Morning all,

I did a dumb thing.

I needed an LDAP browser in a hurry to help solve a problem, so I
installed Apache Directory Studio in a rush without reading the full
instructions.  I had read that it was built on Eclipse, so I installed
it in my Eclipse base directory, which was apparently not good, as
Eclipse no longer runs.

Before I start trying to pick through what critical Eclipse files I have
overwritten to repair my install, and possibly make an even bigger mess
of it, I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any advice (including
"give up and install a fresh Eclipse; recovery is hopeless.")

Thanks for any advice,

     - rob.