directory-users mailing list archives

From Jimi HullegÄrd <jimi.hulleg...@mogul.com>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio ldif import problems
Date Sun, 30 May 2010 22:30:34 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> You have first to create the server, and you have to know that the
> default "LDAP accout for root" on ADS is "uid=admin, ou=system", with
> this password = "secret".

Yes, that I figured out. But I still don't know how to change that, the root account that
is, from "uid=admin, ou=system" to "cn=admin,dc=your-company,dc=com". Is that even possible?
Can I just insert an "environment" bean in the server.xml configuration file, with an altered
"java.naming.security.principal" parameter as seen on this page? http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/522-configuration-parameters-reference.html

> When you have created your ADS server, and created a connection to this
> server (following
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/apacheds/tasks_creating_new_server.html),
> you will have to configure it.
> [...]
> You can do that simply when connected by right-cicking on the root of
> your your-company partition, and select the 'create context-entry'.

Well, that documentation page doesn't match at all how the configuration screen looks for
me, and it doesn't mention partitions at all as far as I can tell, but you mentioning it made
me read up more on partitions and now I have added one and the 'create context-entry' worked
great. I guess I just thought that all this could/would be done using that ldif import.

> Hope it helps...

It did indeed. Thank you very much, Emmanuel.

Regards
/Jimi HullegÄrd