directory-users mailing list archives

From Chris Wilcox <ckwil...@gmail.com>
Subject [Studio] Huge Performance Slowdown
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 22:19:50 GMT
Hi everyone,

I've used Apache Directory Studio to administer a fairly large LDAP
directory (an eDirectory server) for about the last 6 or 7 months. It
used to be very, very fast, but I've noticed my Apache Directory
Studio client has been getting more and more sluggish over the months
and it has reached the point where I need to restart the client
several times a day to keep it working at usable (but sluggish)
speeds.

I just downloaded 1.5.3 and it has the exact same issue.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to "un-slow things down"?
Is there a way to assign A.D.S. more memory?
I have some very long log files; maybe they are eating up memory and
slowing things down? Where can I find the log files? Can I delete
these log files?

I'm running A.D.S. on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a 2 year old Mac
Book Pro with 4 G.B. Ram.

Thanks!
-Chris