directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Class path problems when embedding 1.5.6/1.5.7 in a Tomcat servlet
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 17:02:29 GMT
hi Marian,

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 7:48 PM, SCHEDENIG Marian
<Marian.Schedenig@qualysoft.com> wrote:
> Kiran Ayyagari  wrote:
>> found the issue, can you file a bug report in JIRA, will fix it in trunk
>
> Done:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1504
thanks, I have committed the fix in trunk

>> btw, using DirectoryServiceFactory in production code is not
>> recommended, cause this stores all the data in a
>> temporary location and is intended to be used for testing purpose only.
>
> I see. As I said, I blindly had to adapt the code when the example from the 1.5.5 documentation
would no longer work in 1.5.6, so somehow I stumbled on DirectoryServiceFactory as a solution.
What would be the correct way to instantiate an empty default repository?

Follow the same approach present in the above factory class, the only
thing(for a basic setup) you need to do is change the working
directory path to other than a temp directory (you can specify a
different directory by setting the system property 'workingDirectory'
).

HTH
Kiran Ayyagari