directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Class path problems when embedding 1.5.6/1.5.7 in a Tomcat servlet
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 09:30:30 GMT
hi Marian,

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:31 PM, SCHEDENIG Marian
<Marian.Schedenig@qualysoft.com> wrote:
> Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>> can't say whats happening without looking at your initialization
>> code however
>> can you take a look at the initSchema() method in [1].
>>
>> Having said this I have faced an issue with JarLdifSchemaLoader
>> when used in a servlet container, but
>> when used LdifSchemaLoader the problem was solved.
>
> The problem actually arises before the schema loader is called:
>
> SchemaLdifExtractor extractor = new DefaultSchemaLdifExtractor( new File( workingDirectory
) );
> extractor.extractOrCopy();
>
> This will search for schema files in the class path, assuming that the environment variable
"java.class.path" contains all the libraries/jars available to the current class loader. However,
in Tomcat (at least Tomcat 6, that is), that environment variable contains only one single
entry, Tomcat's own bootstrap.jar. As a result, the LDIF extractor finds no matches and copies
no files, the working directory is empty and the schema loader complains that it can't find
schema.ldif.

found the issue, can you file a bug report in JIRA, will fix it in trunk

> ApacheDS initialisation goes like this:
>
>        DirectoryServiceFactory factory = DefaultDirectoryServiceFactory.DEFAULT;
>        factory.init("default");
btw, using DirectoryServiceFactory in production code is not
recommended, cause this stores all the data in a
temporary location and is intended to be used for testing purpose only.

HTH
Kiran Ayyagari