directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ex:- Password expired
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 11:35:12 GMT
On 5/20/10 7:50 AM, Palaniyandi, Rasakannu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>           How to set password expired value in apache directory studio?

You can't. It's not yet implemented in the server (we just have a very
basic password policy implemented, but not activated by default).

There is an existing JIRA open for such  feature.

It's not very complicated to implement, but we are focusing on other
aspects right now.

You might want to help us getting such a feature available though, but
you have to know a bit about how the server is handling authentication,
provide some configuration elements and also think about how to store
information about date expiration (my personal bet would be to store
such info as AT options, something like
"userPassword;x-creation-date=JJMMAA").

Any help would be welcomed.

--