directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editing a Online Schema Editor Project
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 09:00:29 GMT
On 5/19/10 3:36 AM, Wayne Connolly wrote:On 5/19/10 6:48 AM,
felixk@apache.org wrote:
> Author: felixk
> Date: Wed May 19 04:48:50 2010
> New Revision: 946025

> Log:
> Constants should be final

Good catch, however if those constants are static and final, then they
should be upercased.

Like :

public static final boolean TOP_DOWN = true;

I will fix that.--
Regards,
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.nextury.com

> Hi all,
>
> Firstly great project. Amazing effort. Been using it for a long time now.
>
> The Setup:
> -ubuntu : 2.6.18-028stab067.4-ent #1 SMP Thu Jan 14 22:32:05 MSK 2010
> i686 GNU/Linux
> -OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.15 (Mar 19 2009 10:08:25)
> -apacheds 1.5.3.v20100330 in eclipse galileo.
I assume you are talking about Apache Directory *Studio* here.

> My initial steps: We have created a schema and are using it fine with
> our applications and have imported the schema(via schema editor)  from
> the online server
I also assume that the online server is OpenLDAP

> and can now see the complete attribute and objectclass list including
> all the custom ones we have added.
So far, so good.

> My problem: Once i have added a new attribute via the GUI in
> apacheds/eclipse it is saved and appears in the schema list but not in
> the actual schema browser. Therefore it can't be used.
Because the modification you have done are local to Studio, they are not
stored in any way into OpenLDAP.

> My question: How do we load/export/import schema changes into the
> server after we have edited/added them via the schema editor GUI?
You can export the full schema from Studio to an OpenLDAP schema file :
- select the schema project you have created
- right click -> export -> Schema project
- type in the directory you want this schema to be exported to
that's it. You now have a <YourSchema>.schema file present on your disk.

Copy this file in the appropriate OpenLDAP space and modify the openLdap
configuration file (slapd.conf) to add this file into the list of Schema
it handles, then restart OpenLdap.

We currently don't support direct modifications in the OpenLDAP schema,
we are thinking about addng such a possibility in the near future.

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,