directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: According to the schema attribute administrativeRole is not allowed!
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 17:36:12 GMT
Wright, Zane wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been trying to go through the Apache Directory tutorials to get
> myself up to speed on their implementation of LDAP but I came across a
> problem. When going through the basic authorization tutorial for 1.5,
> specifically the "Simple example for the ACI subsystem" I tried to add
> the attribute administrativeRole but got the error: "Warning! According
> to the schema attribute administrativeRole is not allowed!" I have

Note that this is only a *warning* from Studio, not an error message. If
the dialog occurs you can just click "Ok" and then select an value from
the opended value editor (i.e. accessControlSpecificArea).

The dialog appears because the administrativeRole attribute is not
listed in any object class as allowed attribute. Maybe we should change
the Studio behaviour for this specific attribute or for operational
attributes in general because operational attributes are never listed as
allowed attributes.

Please try again and continue with the tutorial. If you have other
issues please don't hesitate to ask again.

Kind Regards,
Stefan