directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Have you experienced any performance issues with Apache DS on Solaris?
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 09:10:19 GMT
On 5/18/10 6:58 AM, Sudheer Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you noticed any performance issues (slower compared to Linux) with
> Apache DS on Solaris? I am talking about Apache DS 1.5.4.  If is is there
> any improvement in later versions? say 1.5.5 or 1.5.6, 1.5.7?

It all depends on what you mean by "performance issues". Slow is also
pretty vague. What kind of performance do you expect ?

Also note that, yes, 1.5.4 is slower than 1.5.3, and this is true for
1.5.5, 1.5.6 and 1.5.7. The basic rule is :
1.5.7 is slower than 1.5.6 which is slower than 1.5.5 ... than 1.5.2.

In other words, 1.5.2 was the fastest version, since then we injected a
hell lot of modifications and new features that slowed down the server.
We are currently working on speed improvement (FYI the trunk is now 4
times faster then 1.5.7).

Now, I can't say why ADS is slower on Solaris compared to Linux,
assuming that it's run on the same platform with the same JVM.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,