directory-users mailing list archives

From SCHEDENIG Marian <Marian.Schede...@qualysoft.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Class path problems when embedding 1.5.6/1.5.7 in a Tomcat servlet
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 16:48:23 GMT
Kiran Ayyagari  wrote:
> found the issue, can you file a bug report in JIRA, will fix it in trunk

Done:

> btw, using DirectoryServiceFactory in production code is not
> recommended, cause this stores all the data in a
> temporary location and is intended to be used for testing purpose only.

I see. As I said, I blindly had to adapt the code when the example from the 1.5.5 documentation
would no longer work in 1.5.6, so somehow I stumbled on DirectoryServiceFactory as a solution.
What would be the correct way to instantiate an empty default repository?

Thanks a lot for your quick & helpful input;
Cheers,
Marian.