directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to export trusted certificate from Directory Studio?
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:31:29 GMT
Timmy L. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some clients who do not know how to export certificates used by their LDAP servers.
I need their certificates for web service user authentication.

> When I connect to their server with Directory Studio, I get to view their LDAP certificate
with the "View Certificate..." button of "Certificate Trust". However, it does not have a
save or export button (neither does the dialog accessed thru preferences). I can not find
their certificates from within their directory structure, so I can not use "Certificate Editor"
and its export functions.

> Is there any way I could save or export these certificates from Directory Studio (besides
"Certificate Editor", which I can not access)? Are trusted certificates stored somewhere (I
looked but couldnĀ“t find them)?

Not using the Studio GUI. They are stored in an Java key store:
~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.plugins/org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core/
permanent.jks

You can use java keytool to export the certificates:
keytool -list -keystore permanent.jks
keytool -exportcert -alias <aliasname> -keystore permanent.jks

HTH,
Stefan

PS: You may also create a Jira to add an export feature to the GUI:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO