directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Adding a custom partition to ApacheDS 1.5.6, e.g. dn: dc:apache,dc:org
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 17:18:00 GMT
Michael Wechner wrote:
> I have ApacheDS 1.5.6 installed on my Mac OS X
>
> /usr/local/apacheds-1.5.6
>
> and also have installed the Apache Directory Studio and everything
> connects fine using
>
> ldap://127.0.0.1:10389
>
> and I can see
>
> ROOT
>  ou: schema
>  ou: system
>
> (but I cannot see dc:example,dc:com as described within many examples on
> the web, is this correct?).

The default installation contains an dc=example,dc=com partition, but
there is no data loaded. You need to reate the data including the
dc=example,dc=com context entry.

> Now I try to create my own partition, e.g. dn: dc:apache,dc:org
> but somehow I am still not able to create my own partition (for example
> where exactly is the file server.xml or is this
> still needed with 1.5.6.

Yes, it is. On linux it can be found in
/var/lib/apacheds-1.5.7/default/conf. Not sure about Mac OS X, sorry.

> Any pointers are very much appreciated (also if it's possible to do this
> Apache Directory Studio)

You can open and edit the 1.5.6 server.xml file with Studio 1.5.3. Just
choose File->Open and select the server.xml file.

Otherwise [1] gives an overview.

HTH,
Stefan

[1]http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/143-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html