directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Adding a custom partition to ApacheDS 1.5.6, e.g. dn: dc:apache,dc:org
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 15:39:18 GMT
Hi

I have ApacheDS 1.5.6 installed on my Mac OS X

/usr/local/apacheds-1.5.6

and also have installed the Apache Directory Studio and everything
connects fine using

ldap://127.0.0.1:10389

and I can see

ROOT
  ou: schema
  ou: system

(but I cannot see dc:example,dc:com as described within many examples on
the web, is this correct?).

Now I try to create my own partition, e.g. dn: dc:apache,dc:org

and I have several documents on the web:
http://www.mikeperham.com/2007/09/28/using-apache-ds-part-2/
http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/144-adding-your-own-partition-resp-suffix.html
http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/61-how-to-write-a-simple-custom-partition-for-apacheds.html

but somehow I am still not able to create my own partition (for example
where exactly is the file server.xml or is this
still needed with 1.5.6.

Any pointers are very much appreciated (also if it's possible to do this
Apache Directory Studio)

Thanks for your help

Michael