directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Kerberos in an Embedded ApacheDS
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:26:44 GMT
Andrew Wiley wrote:
> I'm wondering how I should go about enabling the Kerberos frontend in an
> embedded instance of ApacheDS. For LDAP, I just get an instance of
> LdapServer, but for Kerberos, it doesn't look like the process is as simple.
> Do I need to add the protocol encoders manually, should I just alter the
> configuration somewhere, or am I completely wrong?

Please take a look into the ServerAnnotationProcessor class,
createKdcServer() method [1].

Another option may be to use annotations to create the KDC server
instance (as well as the directory service and LDAP server) [2].

HTH,
Stefan

[1]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/1.5.6/server-annotations/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/factory/ServerAnnotationProcessor.java
[2]http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/tags/1.5.6/server-annotations/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/factory/CreateKdcServerAnnotationTest.java