directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting Embedded ApacheDS - Fails to Extract Schema?
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:44:52 GMT
Andrew Wiley wrote:
> Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:131)
> at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:148)
> at
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.schema.ldif.extractor.impl.ResourceMap.getResourcesFromJarFile(ResourceMap.java:94)

Something is happening here. Unfortunately the ZipException doesn't say
which file it wants to open. We have to add more logging to the
ResourceMap code.

> It looks like the server is trying to extract the core schema from a zip/jar
> file and for some reason this is failing. The only cause I can think of is
> that the files aren't present. I'm using a Maven-based project that includes
> apacheds-all, which depends on shared-ldap and shared-ldap-schema, and I'm
> pretty sure the schema files are supposed to be in there? What am I doing
> wrong?

I guess you are using Version 1.5.6?

Could you please try to remove the apacheds-all dependency and add the
apacheds-server-integ instead?

    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
      <artifactId>apacheds-server-integ</artifactId>
      <version>1.5.6</version>
    </dependency>

Kind Regards,
Stefan