directory-users mailing list archives

From Weishäupl.Frederik <Frederik.Weishaeupl....@m-net.de>
Subject AW: Problem using custom scheme with Apache Directory Studio
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 08:08:45 GMT
Works like a charm :-) Thx for your quick help.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefan Seelmann [mailto:seelmann@apache.org]
Gesendet: Montag, 26. April 2010 09:52
An: users@directory.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Problem using custom scheme with Apache Directory Studio

Hi Frederik,

Weishäupl.Frederik schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've a question regarding adding my own custom schema "Kunde" in
> Apache Directory 1.5.6. I created a custom objectclass 'Kunden' with a
> custom attribute 'customerId':
>
> Objectclass 'Kunden':
> objectclass ( 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.1
> 	NAME 'kunden'
> 	STRUCTURAL
> 	MAY customerId
>  )
>
> Attributetype 'customerId':
> attributetype ( 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.0
> 	NAME 'customerId'
> 	EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
> 	SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
> 	SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15
> 	SINGLE-VALUE
>  )
>
> I imported the new schema to Apache Directory successfully. In Apache
> Directory Studio I can see my new scheme under ou=schema,cn=kunde.
>
> Unfortunately I'm not able to select my new objectclass when I try to
> add a new LDAP Entry with Apache Directory Studio. Even in the scheme
> browser I can't find it.
>
> Any suggestions? Thx a lot in advance.

Please try to reload the schema from the server:
- press the reload button in the schema browser [1] or
- press the reload button in the object class selection of the new entry wizard [2]

Also make sure that your schema isn't disabled (no m-disabled:TRUE in cn=kunde,ou=schema).

Hope that helps,
Stefan

[1]http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/images/tools_schema_browser_1.png
[2]http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/images/tools_newentry_wizard_2.png