directory-users mailing list archives

From "Muralidhar Yaragalla" <>
Subject RE: hi need best suggestion
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:40:47 GMT
So there is no way on LDAP to get the modifications happened at a particular
point of time on a particular subcontext.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiran Ayyagari []
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 10:07 PM
Subject: Re: hi need best suggestion

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:26 PM, Muralidhar Yaragalla
<> wrote:
> Thank u.
> so if my application got notified somehow and if I have to update my app
> database against LDAP I have to get all the entries for users  on LDAP and
> all the users from my database and compare them for deleted, added and
> updated users and accordingly I have to update my database every time
> is a change in the LDAP.   Is this right?

instead of doing it for all users it will be good if the notifying
application can also tell the tomcat based
application about which user entries were modified/added/deleted by
it, this way a whole tree scan can be avoided

Kiran Ayyagari

View raw message