directory-users mailing list archives

From Bill Keirskie <bkeirs...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: memberOf attribute
Date Sun, 07 Mar 2010 04:16:39 GMT

I have a web application that I am trying to authenticate to ApacheDS.  The web application
can authenticate the user against ApacheDS, but cannot obtain a list of groups the user belohas
membership to.  Upon login, the web application syncs the user's groups with it's internal
database for role based permissions based on the LDAP groups.  That way, user and group membership
is managed at the LDAP server and not by the application.  The web application has a configuration
of <attribute mode='memberOf' name='ou=WebAppUserAccounts,dc=example,dc=net'/>.  I can
change the memberOf to whatever objectclass it needs to be, but so far, nothing has worked.
 I've tried "isMemberOf", "member" "uniqueMember", and a few others.  I can make this work
against Active Directory, but I would like to use ApacheDS for this particular project.

-Bill-

> Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 03:25:54 +0100
> From: elecharny@gmail.com
> To: users@directory.apache.org
> Subject: Re: memberOf attribute
>
> On 3/7/10 2:51 AM, Bill Keirskie wrote:
> > I am searching for the docs to implement the memberOf function/element/attribute,
but cannot locate them. I have read in several places this feature exists, but not sure where
to look. Can someone guide me in the right direction?

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/