directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: about start and stop ApacheDS 1.5.5 on Mac
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:50:25 GMT
Hi Sisi,

Indeed, that's one part we forgot to mention in the documentation.
Sorry about it... I'll update it.

Apache DS runs on Mac OS X as a launchd [1] service.

The launchd configuration for Apache DS can be found at '/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.directory.server.plist'.

Here are the commands to load and unload the service from the command line:
$ sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.directory.server.plist
$ sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.apache.directory.server.plist

Note that the service is loaded by default on start up.

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Launchd