directory-users mailing list archives

From "Cook, Lee (IS) (Contr)" <R.Lee.C...@ngc.com>
Subject RE: new to ldap for java
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 21:22:24 GMT
Thanks Kiran!
I fixed my Cut and paste error setting sec_principal,
Used the install default admin password, fixed ctx.lookup() DN,
As you suggested, and it works now.
Thanks very much. A small but necessary step into LDAP Java for me.
Im ready to tackle the next (small) step.

I would like to also ask you or someone, and use my newbie card once
More, in my LDAP Browser with the default install, I see:
DIT
  Root DSE (4)
    Ou=schema
      Cn= multiple names...are these default schema names for various
          "sample" or real orgs?
Ou=system...is for the system administrators?
Granted I haven't done enough basics reading....

Lee!

-----Original Message-----
From: Kiran Ayyagari [mailto:ayyagarikiran@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 3:25 PM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: new to ldap for java

hi Lee

> env.put(Context.SECURITY_AUTHENTICATION,sec_authentication);
>                env.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL, sec_credentials);
set the variable sec_principal in the above line

>                env.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS, sec_credentials);
> // specify the password

if you are testing with the default installation then the value of
sec_credentials is "secret" not "admin"
>                try {
>                        ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
>                        System.out.println(ctx.lookup("cn=admin"));

again if this is tested against default installation change "cn=admin"
to something like "uid=admin,ou=system" or to "ou=system"

HTH

Kiran Ayyagari