directory-users mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Using ApacheDS front-end with a custom backend
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:34:02 GMT
Hi,

Identyx was the company behind Penrose and it has been acquired by Red Hat some time ago.

I don't know if Identyx still exists and if it still sells license of its products.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 24 mars 2010, at 14:24, Matt Doran wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> On 24/03/2010 11:20 PM, Aleksandar Vidakovic wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> You might want to have a look at project Penrose on safehaus.org.
>>

> In doing some research on embedded LDAP servers, that name did come up as a simpler approach
than Apache DS for a simple embedded solution.    I looked at their web site to check licenses
(I need to use is in a commercial product).   They said a commercial license is available
(see here <http://docs.safehaus.org/display/PENROSE/Licenses>).... but then the contact
link has an empty contact page (see here <http://penrose.safehaus.org/contact.html>).
  And the support link points to a company Identyx which just takes you to a redhat page.
  Confusing!?