directory-users mailing list archives

From Peter Horne <horn...@bluespointpartners.com>
Subject Re: Standalone & Webapp Examples not working with 1.5.6
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 03:00:04 GMT
Thanks for the replies and I'll look forward to the updates.  One place where you may want
to start is with installer/apacheds-noarch.  As I was trying to work out what was wrong with
my code, I thought I'd get it (installer/apacheds-noarch) going and then make some exploratory
changes.  It worked fine after a maven build and running the apacheds.sh script.  However
when I removed arg[0] from the script (target/plan/server.xml) to make it use the defaults,
it crashed with the same exception that my code had...

	at org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.DefaultSchemaService.initialize(DefaultSchemaService.java:382)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1425)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:907)

My understanding is that it should use the defaults with no-args... so that may give you a
place to start.  Let me know if you want me to test anything.

Cheers...Pete

On 26/03/2010, at 1:21 AM, Stefan Zoerner wrote:

> Peter Horne wrote:
>> I started using ApacheDS a few weeks ago and was using an embedded model like the
webapp demo (embedded + TCP).  Notwithstanding the renaming to DN etc, my program, and the
demos verbatim, no longer work with 1.5.6.  I am happy to do the work to describe specific
bug details, however it seemed to be such a big break I thought I'd ask the general question
as to whether there was any work being done to get the demos in the doco refreshed.

> The main problems are that the documentation is not part of our build/CI, and that we
do not release the documentation with the software (no versioning of the documentation).