directory-users mailing list archives

From Matt Doran <matt.do...@papercut.com>
Subject Re: Custom partition - obtaining network connection details
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 12:11:19 GMT
On 28/03/2010 11:05 PM, Matt Doran wrote:
> On 28/03/2010 5:55 PM, Matt Doran wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I've been working through implementing a custom partition.  I have a
>> peculiar requirement to know the details of the network connection
>> where the request has come from when I'm processing the partition
>> requests (i.e. in my custom partition implementation).
>>
>> I can't see anything obvious that might give me access to this
>> information.  Is this possible?
>>
>> If I wanted to add this info (even as a thread local), is there a
>> hook point that I could use to collect/save this information?
>>

> I found the "getClientAddress()" method available on the session.
> e.g.  in the following code fragment.
>
>         public ClonedServerEntry lookup(LookupOperationContext ctx) {
>
>             if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {
>                 logger.debug("lookup(dn=" + ctx.getDn() + "), attrs: "
>    + ctx.getAttrsId()
>                         + " addr: " +
> ctx.getSession().getClientAddress());
>             }
>

> However it always seems to be null even when making requests to the
> server over the network.   Any ideas?

I just did some digging ..... and I found it.  Looks like it's not
implemented on DefaultCoreSession ...

         /* (non-Javadoc)
          * @see
    org.apache.directory.server.core.CoreSession#getClientAddress()
          */
         public SocketAddress getClientAddress()
         {
             // TODO Auto-generated method stub
             return null;
         }

Hmmm. :(

Any ideas how I might be able to get the client network address?

Thanks,
Matt