directory-users mailing list archives

From Matt Doran <matt.do...@papercut.com>
Subject Re: Using ApacheDS front-end with a custom backend
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 06:50:42 GMT

On 27/03/2010 12:16 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Matt Doran<matt.doran@papercut.com>  wrote:
>

>> Hi Alex,
>>
> Why ApacheDS of course :-D.  There are several reasons why.  First I would
> worry about OpenDS and it's future because of the Oracle acquisition.  Their
> decision to use SUN DS instead of OpenDS perplexes me. Then the OpenSSO
> fiasco is another reason to avoid anything Oracle has for embedding if you
> want to embed freely.
>
> The dependency issues are neglegible and we can help you work around them or
> finde some solution to accomodate.  ApacheDS is here to stay because it's
> backed by trusted "organic" open source without the steroids pumped :-) into
> sponsored communities.

Thanks for the positive response.  I've gone ahead trying to implement
this with Apache DS.

It's proving difficult in places, but I'll post separate questions about
the issues I've hit.    I'm also using 1.5.5, because 1.5.6 has changed
significantly enough to be another barrier to implementing (there was
another thread on this).   Once this has settled down I'll move to 1.5.6.

Thanks,
Matt