directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Installing the ApacheDS studio within Eclipse on Mac OS X
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:02:03 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Where are stuck exactly?

I can't find the eclipse menu item to actually find the plugin (based on
the registered URL of ApacheDS studio within the preferences)
>  Could you provide a screenshot?

will do later tonight
> The installation documentation refers to an old version of Eclipse (probably 3.4 or 3.3)
and the Eclipse Team loves to completely redesign the Update Manager at every release.

it seems like. Also my colleague who uses Eclipse on a daily basis (on
Ubuntu) wasn't able to find this menu item.
On Linux it's under the Help menu, but not in the case of Mac OS X.

Thanks for your help

Michael
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> On 26 mars 2010, at 16:51, Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I have downloaded
>>
>> Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
>>
>> Build id: 20100218-1602
>>
>> in order to install
>>
>> http://directory.apache.org/studio/installation-in-eclipse.html
>>
>> and also was able to register
>>
>> http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x
>>
>> within the preferences but after googling and reading I am stuck actually
>> installing the plugin.
>>
>> It seems that on Mac OS X is everything a bit different than described within the
documentation ;-)

>> Any pointers are very welcome how to actually install the plugin within Eclipse on
Mac OS X